First Reproduction Quilt

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Center Medallion of Patriots in Petticoats

I have been rolling right along with the Patriots quilt project.  The Center Medallion was another fun experience to finish up.  It is now hanging on the wall at the shop. I'm so happy with the great pattern directions and correct cutting measurements.  It sure makes the piecing delightfully easy.


I went on to cut and then make all 20 of the log cabin blocks. .While I was making the 20 log cabins I decided to stop after the second round & check the measurements.  It seemed like they were doing just fine since each new 'log' fit nicely, but it is still smart to stop & check.  I'm pretty excited to be ready this weekend to put the pretty pieced blocks together with the setting blocks.

 I remember there is one block that might be a little too big.  Otherwise they should all go together just fine.

I'm planning to start the cutting on the pieces for the ribbon border blocks on Tuesday.  I've never done a ribbon border but have always thought they looked great and wanted to try one.  This will be my reward for accomplishing the goal of setting that quilt top.

1 comment:

  1. When you make a block that is a bit big, do you plan to re-do it, or just ease it in by careful pinning? These blocks look beautiful, BTW.

    ReplyDelete