First Reproduction Quilt

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Loving the Patriots in Petticoats

The days are relentlessly marching along, getting closer and closer to the March quilt show.  I am quite pleased with the progress being made in the home sewing room on the Patriots blocks. I gave a good part of last Sunday and Monday to making blocks 13, 14, 15 and 16, as you can see.
July, blocks 13 & 14
August, blocks 15 & 16
I didn't have any problems at all, which means no un-sewing took place.  And they are the correct measurement so I can look forward to some easy row construction a little later.  YIKES!  Just now
see that I got some red points going the wrong direction on 16.  Does this happen to you?  I've been looking at the block for two days and did not catch that little booboo.  So I eat my words of just moments ago - there is going to be some un-sewing as soon as I finish this post!

After I was done sewing on Monday I got started cutting out the Center Medallion.  Much bigger pieces
than the 10-1/2 inch blocks since this one will finish to 24".


Now I'm off to rip, and will post the corrected block later.  sheesh...............

OK, back with the corrected number 16.
There it is as it hangs in the shop - no cropping or fixing up the image.  I'm just happy it is done right.

And now I will work on the center medallion tomorrow morning with a nice cup of coffee nearby.

1 comment:

  1. Great work. Do you use a scant 1/4" seam or just a 1/4" foot on machine? Or did you have to "fiddle" to get them to come out perfect? I used a scant 1/4" seam on block one and it came out almost 1/4" too big...whoops.

    ReplyDelete