First Reproduction Quilt

Monday, January 23, 2012

Many months later.....

Well here I am!  Today is January 23, 2012 and I'm just getting around to working on a draft post I started a while back.  The past several months have been filled with activities and discoveries in the historical quilting world.  Apparently I just forgot to write about it all.  The long warm days of summer are over, and the long warm days of winter may also finally be over! So I'm feeling like getting lots of things done,  starting with this blog, and working like crazy on all the projects that are in the works.

What's been happening?
Doll quilt club - we met each month all year and made a bunch of adorable little quilts.  We were able to display them all (about 50 I think) at the quilt show in Sonora in September.  The new club for 2012  features more historical notes for each design and kits by mail.

Log Cabin Home Sampler quilt pattern is an ongoing work in progress.

Patriots in Petticoats quilt top completed, and looking good!  Getting it quilted will be a challenge as I really want to do it myself. 

Participated in a little quilt show in Groveland, CA in June and had a great time.  Forgot to take pictures, an ongoing oversight that I plan to correct!

Flying Crow blocks from Pennsylvania Quilter Betty Neff - a fascinating little block with paper-foundation piecing in the corners. I made two quilt tops, different sizes, and got lots of interest and comments when I displayed them in the shop.
 a nice size, maybe 8"

These were little blocks!

Hexagons and diamonds with pati templates, which deserves blog post all it's own and I promise to do this one very soon.

Dresden Stars quilt top which has a good story with it and deserves its own post too.

Jack's Chain sample quilt and pattern - yikes, about 1-1/2 years in the making, but done!

Timeless Apron pattern - absolutely wonderful in it's simple charm.  The pattern has been printed, and I've decided to offer finished aprons in 30's repro fabrics this year.

September Quilts and Threads show was a really great time.  I was able to show the new
BOM for 2012 (thanks to Cheryl J for her sample-in-progress) the Civil War Springtime Sampler, a very pretty strippy-style quilt.  First pattern of the series distributed January 19.

I made cloth dolls, tea cozies and aprons for Harvest Festifall in Columbia in October.  A last-minutes decision to return to my old stomping grounds for a favorite event resulted in a new collaboration with a local hand-dyed fabrics artist.  We enjoyed the event, especially as it was an outdoors, main street event with glorious fall weather. 

 While looking for patterns to utilize scraps from the fabric stash I came across a cute pattern with a different technique.  The top is actually done now, awaits quilting.
I call this the Button quilt
And that's just some of the sewing projects!  I also took some computer software classes, designed a new web site and email program and made beeswax candles. The candles made such a delightful aroma in the house!  So, I'm back with plans for posts free-wheeling all through my head, along with ideas for the coming months.  The website is located at the same place with a new look, and I have joined facebook too.  So modern for such an old fashioned gal..................


No comments:

Post a Comment