First Reproduction Quilt

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Patriots in Petticoats, two more blocks

I just finished two more blocks from the Patriots in Petticoats project.  Things seemed to be going along just fine with block Six.  I had pieced all the half-squares and flying geese, arranged them on my carry-around  design board and had sewn three rows together before I spotted the pieces that were in upside down. They were three of the flying geese units.  Drat!  After some un-sewing I got it right and finished it up.  The picture was taken this morning while the sun came streaming into the sewing room, which it does at this time of year for perhaps an hour or so. 





Once this one was pressed I decided to go ahead with the next one.  Block 7 looked easier and therefore  faster to make, so I got two done in one day.  My plan is to complete the quilt top to display at the quilt show coming up in Manteca, CA.  There are 9 more pieced sampler blocks before I start the setting blocks.  There's just nothing like a deadline to keep me motivated and sewing up a storm.
Today's goal is to cut out the pieces for the next two blocks.  The fabrics are so pretty!  They are a joy to work with in these interesting block patterns.

1 comment:

  1. I am making this, too, and can't wait for your next samples. Let us know if you find any problems or tips!

    ReplyDelete